10 things to tell yourself instead of I can’t:
- I am doing my best every day. Even if when you first start telling yourself this, you aren’t really doing your best every day, the more you say this to yourself, the more your best will show up.
- The best is yet to come. Too often people spend way too much time on what didn’t work out & they believe that is an indication of what’s to come. Well, the best is what’s to come.
- The greatest mistake I will make is by living in fear that I will make one. Honestly, true failure is not trying.
- I will celebrate my failures. Failure is part of the process. Failure is a great teacher. As difficult as it may be, try to be grateful for the failure. According to Oprah, failure is another step to greatness.
- There were times before when I said I can’t, but I did. Reflect on past successes. It’s human nature to focus on the negatives but take a moment to pause and think about other times you thought you couldn’t, but you did.
- I am not going to let things discourage me. Richard Evans said it best when he said, “Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.”
- I believe in myself. Be your own cheerleader. Have your own “you got this” moment with yourself.
- I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul. You have the power to choose. You determine what your future will be. You are in the driver’s seat of your life.
- I love myself. When you love yourself, you want the best for yourself and you go out there and get it.
- I am grateful for every day. I ALWAYS emphasize the importance of gratitude. Being grateful leads to more happiness and being more optimistic.
Try saying these to yourself on a consistent basis. Turn your cant’s into cans – it’s time for you to be a cans collector.