Tips on breaking generational cycles/dysfunction/toxicities
- Become aware of your family’s destructive patterns or behaviors. This is the first step in moving toward healthy behaviors.
- Take ownership of your own actions, attitudes, beliefs, and emotions.
- Evaluate your present relationships. Are they healthy?
- Practice. Awareness and understanding are your starting place. Now it’s time to put things into practice.
- Be patient with yourself and others. It's going to take time to adopt new behaviors and patterns.